Cerro Catedral will be opening as scheduled, June 17, 2011. Fortunately, the rain of ash from the recent eruption of the Puyehue volcano has not affected the lifts, hotels or other mountain services. With a recent snowfall and more in the forecast, we should be seeing a fairly good opening day. Refugio Frey was recently stocked by helicopter and is ready to receive winter visitors. Due to volcanic ash complications, the Bariloche Airport will remain closed until June 21, 2011. This will not affect any of our ski tours.
Winter has arrived in the Andes!For more information about the current conditions at Cerro Catedral, please view their daily conditions page here: Parte Diario (Translated to English)